Hello. My name is Wei Yong. I currently study Sociology with Communication at the Singapore University of Social Sciences (SUSS) as a part-time student from the FY19/Jan batch. I am interested in Social Modularity: Traits, characteristics, skills, attitudes, and modes of thinking that allow people to move up the social ladder and escape poverty. I consider myself a budding Semiotical Sociologist and Theoretical Sociotherapist.
I enjoy what I do. You can find me at the Communication Access section, under the Deaf Access Services (DAS) department.
I started this site for the following reasons:
- Improve my writing
- Explore long-form writing
- Strengthen my writing voice
- Express my ideas with greater clarity
- Synthesise thoughts, ideas, and speech into words
- Write articles that integrate sociological perspectives
- To acknowledge what others see in me as a writer in fulfilling the capacity for great, unlimited potential
- Allow me free rein to explore the great complexity of life, its associated problems, and generate critical discussion
- To be a multi-gazillionaire
I aim to also scratch my Generalist itch by penning my thoughts into this blog. In turn, I wish that you–the reader–will find joy, solace, hope, and motivation to tackle personal or societal ills one word at a time.
I wish to impress upon readers that writing is an iterative and continuous process. A piece is only finished when no more words can be removed. A book can only be closed when every word is precisely chosen with clarity in meaning that leaves no room for misinterpretation.
Thus, all posts on my site will undergo continual edits until the effort taken to improve my writing outweighs perceived gains. In doing so, you may stumble upon incomplete passages, disjointed phrases, and sloppy wording. That is perfectly normal. I will also continue to edit posts long after they are published. Please do not be alarmed!
Above all, I am not a food or travel blogger. I eat to live. If I don’t die from eating, then the food is good enough. If I experience adverse effects from eating horrible food, I will write about it so you too, can go through what I did. That way, if you and I share the same experience, then we know that the food is really bad.